Disqus (pronounced discuss) is a worldwide blog comment hosting service for web sites and online communities that uses a networked platform. The company's platform includes various features, such as social integration, social networking, user profiles, spam and moderation tools, analytics, email notifications, and mobile commenting.
- User can post comment, vote comment, flag comment and share comments to social networks. Also they can subscribe to comments.
- You will get notification to your email for each new comment.
- A commenter can attach media files (image, video) in their comments.
- You can see your site’s comment activity in a graph.
- You can set custom avatar for comments for those who don’t actually display their avatar.
- Commenter can post their comment as guest or they can post using their open ID.
- Disqus adds real time threaded comments and shows a related discussion below comments which reduces your bounce rate.
- You can make money from Disqus by showing recommendations just like nRelate related posts.
There are two different way to integrate disquss in any of the content management system(CMS). You can either do all the configuration from the disqus website or do it from your blog gadgets and templates.You just need to choose a platform and follow the instruction.
As our site is hosted in blogger. I did exlpore ways to integrate blogger and disqus. I wanted to integrate it so much because this medium of comment posting is similar to that of some of the great news sharing sites reddit and 4chan. Like these sites, disqus also maintains the threads within thread, vote ups, as well as the recommendation of comments and sharing them. You can not only expect if your blogger read the blogs but with the help of disqus now you can also get their valuable feedback.
Configuration from blogger(Manual work):
- In your blogger Dashboard , Click "Layout", and Click "Add a Gadget below the blog text area of your layout where your blog is posted.
- Enter the title of the gadget as "Disqus".
- Save the gadget and also save the arrangements.
Now we will add a disqus code inside that gadget from our Template section. Before doing that make sure that you have created a disqus account. If not signup now it is too easy, Signup and get a username.
- Now again go to the dashboard and Click "Template". Then click "Edit HTML".
- After that click within the code area and find the text "Disqus". (Searching is done by CTRL+F key combination)
- After you find the code block expand the code division.
- Find the code snippets withing that division and remove them.
- Instead of those codes you just deleted, copy the code mentioned below:
- That's It. Now Save your template.
- Don't forget to hard refresh your blog( Which is generally done by pressign CTRL+ F5)
- How to prevent others from embedding your youtube video
- 3 basic things to do after installing wordpress site
- Learn new things every single day with these 5 useful websites
- How to quickly import music and movies straight into itunes
- How to hide exclude certain files from sidebar in visual studio code
- How to run any chrome app as Desktop App in Windows10
- How to activate or deactivate cortanain Windows 10